[My post in Information Week, Network Computing, April 24, 2015]
The business expects more from IT than back-end support. Today’s IT teams are expected to help drive business. Here’s how to do it. Read more…
[My guest post on the GreenPages blog, April 24, 2015]
Here is a progression that most businesses experience in the data arena.
- You go from no data or bad data to “better” data.
- You start having reports regularly show up in your mailbox.
- The reports go from being just tables to showing trend lines.
- You evolve to dashboards that bring together data from many sources.
- You fork into sets of operational and strategic reports and dashboards, KPIs driven, with drill down.
By this point, you have Operational Data Stores (ODSs), data warehouses…. Read more…